Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Outdoor Showers

About 2 years ago I picked up a wooden outdoor shower at Target. It was on sale for 1/2 off and I had to have it. When I brought it home, my husband gave me a very puzzled look. I've always had a love for the idea of showering outdoors. My dream shower would really be indoors with windows all around (and privacy of course.) I'm far from being a exhibitionist, I think it has to do with water and the outdoors. Anyways, since then, ever time I see a picture of a outdoor shower I save it. Even if its for just rinsing sand off, I love em'. The payback for my purchase? Our plumbing went out one morning shortly after I bought it. There stood my hubby, in his swim trunks, taking a outdoor shower before work! He never said another word!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Love that story! See....

L.

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute story~ l loved it~ I too live in a small space (cottage)...I've got to get one of those "outdoor showers"...lol! love your blog...Tina

anneliese said...

yay for outdoor showers..... I still remember when you bought that. I'd love to see your shower now (hint hint hint)

Anonymous said...

Nice to know someone else loves an outdoor shower! Yes! it is the water and being outdoors - doesn't have a thing to do with exhibitionism. If I ever build another house, it will somehow have an outdoor shower.
Thanks

Lisa said...

Thanks everybody! Grab a scrub brush and lets head outside!!

PS. Anneliese...my outdoor shower is going threw a "winter clean up" right now. Hopefully it will be up and running in few weeks!

cottagegirl said...

I love the picture of the outdoor shower with the round shower rod and teak floorboard - does anyone know where to buy the hardware (rod and shower head) for this outdoor shower?

HealthCareMenu said...

Hey I love this story..cute story.I really enjoyed to be reading your blog post.Thanks for sharing such a wonderful stuff.
buy bimatoprost