Monday, July 2, 2007

Ikea's 150 Square Foot Room

< This was a ad campaign in the 2003 Ikea catalog. I remember looking at this part of the catalog again and again. It was to demonstrate just how much you really could pack in a little space. In this 150 square feet room, they designed it to function for 4 activities. Sleep, work, dinning and a hobby. The pictures show each wall and a above shot. The idea was not to sell you on a 150 square foot room, but to imagine what you could do in yours. I still love this ad, it certainly made me look at my space a lot differently!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Sorry about the double picture in this post! Everytime I go to edit the post it does not show two of the same photos! Happy Monday Everyone!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I remember this part of that catalogue, and I, too, was mesmerized by it. I wish IKEA's catalogues would go back to including small-space ideas like this agaain- these days it seems it's all family-living oriented.

Anonymous said...

I have seen this ad and it also made me look at my small space very differently. I have to tell you I just recently found your blog and love it! I have a family of 5 and we live in a very small 50's cape. There are times I love my small cozy house and times I hate it. It is always a work in progress.

Lisa said...

Mesmerized, that's a good word for it!! I remember just thinking wow. They really put some thought into it. I actually have that half round table but mine was the one with a leaf on it.
Hi Sherry! Im so glad you like the blog! I know what you mean about a work in progress. The best thing I've learned is having your space work for you...if you never have guest..don't have a guest room...(etc stuff like that) Thanks for your nice words...keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

I remember this, too! I had just moved into my 250-sq-ft studio apt. I miss that apt, but I know that my husband and I can't both live in it.