Monday, July 23, 2007

STYLE FILE: Modern Country

I think one of my favorite styles is what is now described as modern country. I don't love lacey frilly country and I'm not a fan of cold fluff less modern, but when you mesh the 2 styles can be magic. I love my farmhouse table mixed with my black mod chairs. Mixing can be tricky, but the fun is in getting there!


PAT said...

Hi Lisa...I started subscribing to Country Living magazine in the early 80's. For awhile it was the only magazine I subscribed to. It is amazing how "country style" has evolved over the past 25 years. I like this new less cluttered look of modern country.


J Lee said...

I'm so with you on this one Lisa!
Modern Country when done right is exactly what I'm looking for, a mix of old and new!


Ten Thousand Only said...

Tag, you're it!

Players list 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, players then tags 8 people by posting their names and makes sure they know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at the tagee’s blog.

Life Unscripted! said...

One Word to describe your new post on country style - Beautiful!

~ Kanchan

katiedid said...

THIS is the style of my new kitchen! Love it!

Liz said...

I love this style as well, it's probably my favorite. I have a farmhouse table with modern bentwood chairs as well... my favorite thing in the whole house!