Friday, August 17, 2007

Signs

I've always had a thing for quirky wall signs. I have quite a few in my house now, my favorite being a canoe sign (top picture). This was my office wall and has since changed but I still have that sign. Feels like it belongs at summer camp, and thats why I bought it. I also have a matching one in green that says cabins. My friend Linda redid her bathroom (stunning!) and added a subway sign (2nd picture). Thats the first sign I've seen in awhile thats made me swoon!. Ebay is a great place to find old signs etc.

11 comments:

momma j lee ♥ said...

i love old signs and vintage wall hangs .. it gives a space such character and if it's something that means something to you, all the better.

great post!
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Lisa, can I come live at your house? I know you said it's small, but I would be willing to slumber on the porch for the chance to see your home decor brilliance in the flesh. : )

Anonymous said...

why you sneaky pete, you.You're the one that *found* it for us. smak!

Love that last pic...fun sign!!

Linda

katiedid said...

Fun post! I have a couple too. Maybe I'll post them one day.

SuburbanMom said...

Ooh, I love signs too. And I love how easy it has become to find truly cute, vintage looking ones.

Jen Kershner said...

Okay, so weird because I was just on ebay searching for signs! Love the signs you posted.

PAT said...

I've always loved that canoe sign, Lisa.

And Linda's bathroom is amazing, isn't it!!

I think I might have to take some of my garage sale $$ and check out e-bay. I love signs..J has a wall of signs in his "lodge"!

Pat

Lisa said...

Tam...your too sweet..

Today I'm hanging a beat up looking sign with a exclamation point (right over my new PB bedford phone charging station...love knowing where my phone charger is all the time now!

Anonymous said...

Vintage signs with their imperfections add character and uniqueness to a room. But you have to keep your eyes open to find the best ones for your decor.

anneliese said...

ooooohhhh, I love all three pictures. Signs make me drool.... sadly, I haven't hung mine, yet. No, I don't know my issue is!

MeMeMe said...

great!