Monday, June 25, 2007

Entryways

< My entryway was one of the last places I thought about. As you walk into my house, it spills right into the front room. No foyer at all. I decided I was going to design a entry. No, not adding on but giving the visitor a visual que that they were stepping into my home, not falling in. Whats great now is there are tons of things available for entryways. The above mirror shot is a part of my entry. The mirror does 2 things, makes the space appear larger and its great of that one last look before you leave. So if you only have room for a few hooks and a bench, you can still have entryway! Try to get as close to the door as you can and have a place to put your keys and hang a jacket. Its really a nice quality of life thing when it works well!

6 comments:

momma j lee ♥ said...

the entry way is such an important part of the house, its the first thing people see when they come over... i really love the 3rd photo. very personal and comforting!

Kim Vallee said...

Every entryway should have a least a chair. You can put a folding chair if you are short on space. The chair comes handy for putting on your shoes (some of your guests are older and other are kids). To save space, the chair acts as a table to hold your packages. These are basic functions that every entryway must address besides the mirror and some hooks. I try to put a small shelf to temporary put keys and gloves.

Like J Lee, I put a lot of efforts in designing the entryway because every visitor sees it. When designing an entryway, think of the space as a way to introduce the style of your house. Have fun decorating.

katiedid said...

Some great ideas here!

Unknown said...

I have been looking for new ideas for my home decor, and mainly my entry way. Where did you find that mirror? Are there any online stores that you are fond of?

Becki said...

Do you happen to know the source for the stacking baskets? Love them. Cheers, Becki

lschille said...

Do you know where that bench is from in the 4th picture? So cute!
Thanks!