Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Table Gatherings

I always love to see the space in the home where people eat. A lot of people in the US are forgoing formal dinning rooms because they just don't use them. Growing up I think I could count on one hand the times we ate in the formal dinning room. Mainly for holidays. Anyways I guess my point is, no matter how big or small your dinning area is, try your best to have the space as visually pleasing as you can. It can make the dinning experience from AM cereal to a 5 course meal feel that much better!

5 comments:

PAT said...

Lisa...this is a subject after my own heart!

Another great post! You're doing a fantastic job!

Pat
Back Porch Musings

momma j lee ♥ said...

A formal dining area is something I can never give up as we love to entertain and if I could I would want a huge dining area that could accomedate and second as a lounge as well ... and then a breakfast nook and also a small round table for reading and coffee...

I love tables & chairs and I love conversating around them :)

Lisa said...

J lee..my sister would agree with you! I myself do not have formal gatherings all that often, but I do know plenty of friends who do. If you have tons of people over, I'm sure its a must!

Anonymous said...

Blue Rules ! I am going on a blue spree these days

anneliese said...

what a great color combination in that last photo, with the royal blue of the cabinets and the pinky-red of the chairs. Yum!