Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Try Something Different

Some of my best decor successes happened when I thought outside the box. My favorite, was using a folding screen as headboard (above picture is NOT my bed.) Behind your bed is a great place to be creative! Just be careful your creativity does not fall on your head late at night! The above headboard is basically fabric stretched on wood frames. Chalkboard paint can go anywhere! I painted the inside of my bathroom medicine cabinet door for fun messages for the kids in the AM. You could take the above photo idea (chalkboard calender) and make it smaller if space is a issue, maybe do just 1 week instead of a whole month. (Martha Stewart photo, direction link for a how to, under "things to buy". Did you inherit some ugly chairs? Reupholster them in some funky material! Love the chairs above for their spunk factor! Don't let a small space limit your creativity!

6 comments:

momma j lee ♥ said...

love the blackboard wall :)

i've always wanted to do something like that.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
I'm in love with your blog and the way you write, I just can't stop smile. Our tastes are pretty similar, but you know how to show your, while I'm learning still. I'm gathering a lot from visiting small space style. Thanks :)
(oh, the pictures keep on being cut in half, but I take is a a treat, after I read the post, I click on the pictures and get to see them full size!)

Take care,
Daniela

anneliese said...

oh girl, I'm in love with that blackboard wall.... homina homina homina.....

Lisa said...

J Lee and Anneliese- I love that blackboard wall too! I have a link to her site under "stuff to buy" for directions. There is even directions on how to make chalkboard paint in other colors! Oh Martha you cheeky monkey! :)

Daniela- I've been trying to figure out why you are not seening the pictures correctly and coming up with nothing! I'm still looking tho! You are so sweet! I'm so glad you like the blog! Oh and I'm still learning about decor too! Take care!

PAT said...

Yes indeedy, I like that blackboard wall, too!

JennG at GI, found some peel and stick blackboard tiles and did a wall by their banquette, I believe. Don't remember where she found them. I think I'd like to try some by the door that goes to the garage.

Pat
Back Porch Musings

Anonymous said...

Gosh, what a crappy english came out on my comment...! This correct-while-you-write device thing messed up a bit. Oh well.

(btw, I'm going to start taking notes from the ideas you share with us. I'll eventually have my own place one day!)

Sunshine your way,
Daniela