Thursday, June 7, 2007

Mirrors!

Mirrors! Probably the number one "tip" for living small is to use mirrors! That advice is given so much that I've actually read some designers advise "don't use mirrors! " Probably just to be different. I think mirrors can be as beautiful as art work. The way they reflect light and let you know if you have lipstick on your teeth! I myself have a weakness for the frame less mirror. Something so simple yet so pretty. Seeing mirrors group together is 2nd only to a group of black and whites photos framed together (for me anyways) Look for a mirror and put in a great spot. It'll look fantastic!

4 comments:

Chef Jules said...

We who reside in small spaces can use mirrors under the guise of enhancing the space rather than our inner vanity!

I, too, live in a small space and am always on the look out for ideas, particularly for kitchens.

I've had a great time visiting your blog this morning. A delight to peruse the lovely collection of inspiring small scale design you've put together.

Regards,

Chef Jules

momma j lee ♥ said...

I love the first photo. I've always wanted to do a mirror wall instead of a photo wall in a small space ... maybe one day!

katiedid said...

I have lots and lots! My family and I have grown out of our small space (where I used mirrors instead of art..cheaper) into a larger one, but I still love my mirrors!

Lisa said...

Thanks for your comments everyone...I love that first photo a lot too J.Lee! I have lots of mirror's too Katie, even one in the kitchen! (sounds weird but it looks great) Welcome Chef Jules! I'm already looking for more small kitchens photos for you so check back! Thanks!