Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Small but Charming Kitchens

< Most people do not look for a small kitchen when they buy a house or rent a place. The norm now is huge kitchens with giant islands. Yes, even I have to admit, it would be nice. But there is something about a small kitchen I really love. When you have enough room for a table and not much more, then its good for me. Like a small cafe, enough room for only your bestest pals. Love that. If you are space challenged in the kitchen the best advice I can give is watch what you use for furniture. I use to have these big spindle tall chairs that visually ate up room. I bought the slim low profile mod morrow chair from Pottery Barn and they give the room a more open feel. Your kitchen may be small but your charm value can be big. The above pictures prove that!

2 comments:

LivingTheLife said...

I just found your fabulous blog through another blog I adore...I love it when that happens...just wanted to say...I know what you mean about small kitchens...some of the best meals I ever ate were out of an eat in kitchen...one wall of cabinets w/a window above the sink...generally opened with freshly laundered curtains moving with the breeze....the rest of the
wall consisted of a stove at one end and upper/lower cabinets along the rest of the wall...that loving kitchen was not only functional, practical & charming...it was my grandmothers...and I love remembering it...the table was always set for whoever may show up a dinner time...always more than enough food and always a gracious hand to serve it...thanks for that reminder...

Lisa said...

Yes I bet Grandma's kitchen was small in most everyone's lives. Could you see Grandma at a huge island opening her bag of prewashed lettuce? I can't and wouldnt want too!! lol. Thanks for your wonderful comments!
Lisa